The Heavy Cost of Anger
Anger can cause very serious problems in our lives. Over time, anger has the potential to ruin our relationships, jeopardize our careers, and cause health problems or even premature death. We all experience anger: it is a strong emotion that tells us that something isn’t right.
Anger becomes a problem in our lives when it is too intense, lasts too long, or is all too frequent. When this happens we become reactive and lash out, often hurting others and ourselves in the process. Afterwards, we regret the things we said or did. Soon our entire lives are coloured by our anger.
Did I really do that? How could I have said it? Why can’t I stop?
It doesn’t have to be that way!
Life can be tough and we all have serious pressures to deal with. Perhaps you have a difficult boss or work environment. Or you’re facing a divorce. Or you’ve lost a loved one. Or maybe life is just too much to take.
Is Anger Really a Problem? 5 Signs Your Anger is Out of Control:
1. It’s too frequent.
2. It’s too intense.
3. It lasts too long.
4. It leads to aggression and violence.
5. It destroys work and personal relationships.
- You’ve had a long, hard day at work. Your boss expects you to perform miracles and you worry about losing your job. You work late… again.
- On the way home, you hit a road closure. Great! Just what you need. You pull a U-turn and are forced to go the long way.
- You speed home, get out, slam the door and head inside. Maybe now you can relax.
- The instant you open the door, you’re greeted with, “Did you remember to pick up the milk?”
- An argument breaks out. You’re out of control, but can’t stop the rage.
- Maybe you yell.
- Or hit the wall.
- Or kick the dog.
- Or worse…
- Once you’ve calmed down, you wish you could take it all back. Why did you let it get out of hand?
- You’re sick to your stomach with regret and promise to never do it again. But you worry you won’t be able to keep that promise. After all, you’ve said it all before.
Freedom from Anger is Possible
It’s so hard to stop it. What can you do? Whatever the cause of your anger, discover practical tools you can use every day to experience Freedom from Anger. Live your life and be true to yourself.
STOP Being Angry!
Has someone ever told you to just stop being angry? The good news is you don’t need to control your thoughts and feelings. Pushing aside anger is not the answer. Throughout this 8-week program, you’ll learn useful skills that enable you to stop and think… before you snap.
Help is available. We all have challenges to face and stressful situations to navigate. An effective mindfulness program can help you to change your relationship with anger and become aware of the choices you have in responding to anger-provoking situations.
“The orientation of my work is mindfulness, learning to respond to life in the moment rather than react to old hurt and pain.” — Ron Goodine, M.Ed., Certified Anger and Management Facilitator, and licensed member of the Canadian Professional Counsellors Association.
What’s Stopping You?
To find out if the Freedom from Anger program is right for you, email Ron at firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE 15-minute consultation. Don’t let anger stop you from enjoying your life.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”— Confucius